Surround yourself with people dedicated to health and fitness – an energized team working to provide both valuable and beneficial services to our members.
We are more than a Club – we are a family exchanging ideas, skills, and knowledge – we are a support group for each other and our members. We believe in the Affordable Art of Living Well
With more than 200 associates, the Club offers career opportunities in a variety of areas including Personal Trainers, Group Exercise Instructors, Massage Therapists, Estheticians, Locker Room Attendants, Maintenance, House Keeping, Receptionists, Front Desk Staff, Child Care Providers, Tennis Pros and many others.
Associates of the Club can enjoy many wonderful benefits:
- To create and deepen relationships with Members we know and do not yet know that will add value to their membership, enhance their sense of belonging and sense of community within the Club.
- Develop a rapport with new clients and gather all information needed (fitness assessment results, relevant medical conditions or limitations, client interests, goals and needs, etc.) to properly design a personalized exercise program.
- Instruct clients in the proper usage of all fitness equipment, ensure good form and technique.
- Promote P.T. services by assisting and interacting with members on the fitness floor, and by participating as scheduled in personal training marketing opportunities such as Body Fat Testing, Health Fair Booths, New Member Orientation, etc....
- Promote other fitness and club services to clients and members.
- Set up training appointments with clients and always be prepared and on time for all sessions.
- Ensure that all training sessions are paid before providing services.
- Conduct training sessions with the "flow" of the fitness center, i.e., share machines when necessary; re-rack plates and dumbbells; follow time limits on cardio equipment during prime time, etc.
- Communicate regularly with client: during a sessions to gauge level of exertion and comfort, and after sessions to discuss progress, results and satisfaction.
- Attend required staff meetings and training seminars, and maintain required CEC's and certifications (NSCA, CPR, AED).
- Maintain records on each client: sessions contents, program adjustments, etc.
- Maintain an active client base (meet the Club's criteria for minimum number of clients per week).
- Stay knowledgeable in your field; seek continuing education opportunities; share new information with colleagues; keep P.T. certification current.
- Inform the Wellness Director of any equipment malfunctions or safety issues immediately.
- Adhere and enforce all Club standards, policies and procedures.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Wellness Director.
Please Contact Denise Johnson at (909) 625-6791 ext. 236 for more information about this opportunity.